Thank you for visiting our website. We have come together as a Multi Academy Trust as we believe we are “Stronger Together”. At the heart of all we do are the children we serve.
The Learning Link MAT will improve the life chances of all children and create a family of outstanding academies where world class leaders place children at the heart of everything.
The pace of change has been and will continue to be considerable and hopefully very positive in giving as much professional development and growth to all staff including those looking for new development opportunities and experience. This includes some colleagues who are very new to the profession who need to have the very best opportunities to grow to whatever they might want to aspire to be in their next stages of professional, potentially leadership improvements. This also includes Senior Leaders, Head Teachers and Executive Leaders. I believe they are entitled to the best support and development we can offer and I am committed to providing it.
This year is about development and growth and we all have to embrace a developmental and change mindset - and keep open minded about how we improve and take on new things. My vision for the LLMAT comprises of 6 aims, ambitions or aspirations. They are at the core of all we do and our accountabilities.
What do we want to achieve for our pupils?
Vision and aims
Our vision for the LLMAT comprises of 6 aims, ambitions or aspirations:
- Access – we want us to offer a rich, relevant, experiential and wholehearted approach to learning for all our pupils which they can engage with, are motivated by and that prepares them well for the next steps in their lives. We passionately believe that this must be supported by ensuring access to integrated and joined up services including social care and health.
- Aspiration – we want to promote aspiration across our learning community by sharing with pupils and their families and with our colleagues opportunities to experience the best provision and settings locally, regionally, nationally and internationally and by fuelling a desire to be their best, providing social mobility and social capital.
- Achievement – we are passionate that outcomes need to improve so that standards are at least in line with if not above national averages (2019) and are clearly on an upward trajectory so that we can be compared to the top 20% of schools nationally (2020) and internationally, and not with the top 20% locally or regionally.
What do we want to achieve for the organisation?
- Acceleration – we need to move with pace and know exactly what direction we are heading in. We believe we need at this stage to move more quickly and in the right direction to establish better central team capacity and services and in order to do this we need to be more realistic about what we top-slice from each academy’s core budget and more urgent in securing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Autonomy – we believe we need to be clear about what type of MAT are we - one pursuing alignment or one pursuing autonomy? We are of the view that where a competency on an academy’s 4MAT canvas is judged as orange (in need of repair) or red (in need of stabilising) or has an orange border (medium risk) or a red border (high risk) we must consider moving from autonomy to centrally directed alignment.
- Accountability – we are driven by the belief that our corporate governance structure based on the 4MAT must now offer comprehensive and rigorous accountability for Academy and LLMAT leaders at all levels in order to drive forward our vision.
I hope you agree with these six aims, aspirations, ambitions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to know more about the Learning Link MAT.