Netherbrook Primary School
Netherbrook is a happy and caring school where pupils feel valued and respected. We place a great emphasis on our pupils’ personal, social and emotional development. We believe that if you are happy and prepared for learning then learning is far easier and more likely to be sustained. We also place a great amount of effort into developing effective partnerships with our parents and carers as it is through this partnership that children can truly thrive both academically and socially.
Our key school priorities can be encapsulated in our 6As which are common across the schools of our multi academy trust.
All of our children will experience:
- Access – offering a rich, relevant, experiential and wholehearted approach to learning for all children which they can engage with, are motivated by and that prepares them well for the next steps in their lives.
- Aspiration – promoting aspiration across the learning community by sharing with children and their families and with our colleagues, opportunities to experience the best provision and by fuelling a desire to be their best.
- Achievement – being passionate that outcomes are improving to ensure that standards are at least in line with if not above national averages.
- Acceleration – needing to move with pace and knowing exactly what direction we are heading in, making sure all pupils make excellent progress from their starting points.
- Autonomy – promoting independent thought and providing children and staff the opportunity to develop and achieve their potential through personalised pathways.
- Accountability – being driven by the belief that the school offers comprehensive and rigorous accountability in order to drive forward the vision.
We offer a wide variety of experiences at Netherbrook. Pupils in our EYFS unit can access our all amazing outdoor area, all pupils attend our Forest School during the year, our Year 6 pupils enjoy a residential trip to Kingswood Adventure Centre, all years take part in numerous trips and visits, we have excellent choirs, drama and dance troupes and all parents are invited in several times a year to work alongside their child in our ‘Inspire’ afternoons. We participate many different events, quizzes and competitions to make sure our pupils are always on the go!
Phil Rawlings - Head Teacher